Monday, November 9, 2009

Exhausted Asin spends a quiet birthday


Mumbai, Oct 27 (IANS) Asin Thottumkal, whose back-to-back promotional campaigns for 'London Dreams' left her exhausted, ushered in her birthday quietly with a few friends and family members. She says it was the most 'peaceful and happy birthday' of her life.

'Actually I hadn't slept at all. I had been working non-stop for 'London Dreams' for the last one week with just three-four hours of sleep. Anyway I'm making up for the exhausting week with the most peaceful and happy birthday of my life,' Asin, who turned 24 Monday, told IANS.


Asin brought in her birthday with a quiet dinner on Sunday night with her close friends. 'It was eight of my closest friends at dinner. We had a ball. At midnight they made me cut a cake. I felt 12 years old again.'

Earlier during the evening Asin arrived home to a big surprise.

'When I opened the door the entire house was done up with balloons by my parents, just like they used to do for my birthdays when I was a child. I had to burst quite a few balloons because there was no room to even walk. I've never felt happier,' she said.


On her birthday the actress gorged on food and has regained all the weight that she had to lose for her role in 'London Dreams'.

'I had to be much thinner for my character. Now in 24 hours I think I've regained all the weight that I lost for 'London Dreams'. I've been gorging non-stop on chocolates and chocolate cake. And there's still so much left,' said Asin, who made it big in Bollywood with 'Ghajini'.


The second-half of the day was devoted to the kids in her highrise apartment. They all love their Asin didi and wouldn't miss her birthday for the world.

'Fortunately, there was enough cake and chocolates to go around. So it was great fun. This is the best birthday I had. I woke up to god knows how many SMSes and missed calls. I can't believe so many people remembered my birthday and cared about it,' she said.


But by far the best part of her birthday was provided by her parents. 'When I saw the trouble they had taken over decorating my place, I decided then and there that I'm the luckiest girl in the world.'



No comments:

Post a Comment